The concept originated in 2000. Some important fundamentals were elaborated for this tool (most of them are still valid):
- Collection of scripts that can be executed in this tool as well as separately. For a lot of scripts this is still possible. Of course, some built-in scripts (for ex. graphical) cannot be detached from the tool.
- Outputs of scripts are recorded for further analysis.
- Flat structure. Hierarchy of level 2: topics and assigned scripts.
- Know-how part. Brief descriptions of the most important topics provide a fast introduction into the world of performance tuning for beginners.
- Portable application that doesn‘t need any installation on client‘s hardware.
TuTool is based on the approaches and methods from the following technical books: